BARONS WESTERN CAPE 2018 VW POLO HATCH LAUNCH
- This Competition is organised by Barloworld Motor Retail South Africa, a Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited trading as Barons Bellville, Barons Cape Town, Barons N1 City and Barons Tokai respectively (herein after jointly referred to as “the Promoter”).
- By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
- A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 9 February 2018 to 28 February 2018 on the Barons website (https://baronsvw.co.za/specials/) and at the premises of the participating dealerships as referred to in paragraph 1 above.
- The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
- A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
- A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
- A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to Volkswagen South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (herein after referred to as “VW SA”) (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by VW SA;
- A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
- A marketing service provider of this Competition;
- Under the age of 18 years.
- The Competition commences on 10 February 2018 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 28 February 2018 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
- There is 1 (one) prize in the Competition, consisting of R50,000.
- The winner will be announced on 5 March 2018 on the Barons website (https://baronsvw.co.za/specials/).
- To participate in the Competition, participants must purchase and take delivery of any new 2018 VW Polo Hatch model (i.e. Polo Trendline, Comfortline or Highline) from any of the participating dealerships as referred to in paragraph 1 above between 10 February 2018 and 28 February 2018. Fleet customer purchases do not qualify for entry into the Competition and accordingly only retail customer purchases are eligible for entry into the Competition. To qualify for entry into the Competition, participants must take delivery of the vehicle by 28 February 2018. Multiple entries are permitted and every vehicle purchased qualifies as 1 (one) entry subject to the aforementioned participation requirements being met. Only invoice numbers from purchases made during the aforementioned Competition period will be considered. The prize will be awarded to the person in whose name the vehicle is registered.
- The winner will be determined by way of a random draw conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 2 March 2018. All entries meeting the participation requirements referred to in paragraph 8 above will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prize will be awarded to the first entry drawn that meets the specified participation requirements. To qualify for entry into the draw, the vehicle must be purchased and taken delivery of by the Competition closing date.
- The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his / her identify. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and the winner, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter, VW SA or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
- A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
- All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, VW SA, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prize on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, VW SA or marketing service provider of this Competition.
- The Promoter will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach the winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
- Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 10 above, the Promoter will arrange a congratulatory ceremony at a suitable date and time at the participating dealership from where the vehicle was purchased where after the prize will be paid to the prize winner by way of an electronic fund transfer 7 (seven) days thereafter and following completion of any relevant checks required by law.
- The prize is strictly not transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
- The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
- The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
- Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.